Sunday 2 February 2014

Showcase Sunday #1

Showcase Sunday is a feature hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea, where we get to showcase all the lovely new books we have recently added to our (already overflowing) shelves!

Last Month:

I bought...

Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Little White Lies by Katie Dale

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

I had so much fun in WHSmith spending some of my Christmas giftcards to buy these! I had already borrowed Looking for Alaska from the library and loved it so I decided to buy myself my own copy, I finished Anna and the French Kiss just yesterday, and I TOTALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH IT, and I'm looking forward to reading Little White Lies soon!


My sister also found a copy of Noughts and Crosses in a charity shop that was in pretty good condition, so she bought it for me, knowing that I have been really wanting my own copy of this (especially one with the extra short story 'Callum' at the end) as it is one of my favourite books ever!

I received for review...
*Thank you to Penguin and Spinebreakers for the following* 

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

Gretel and the Dark by Eliza Granville

Cress by Marissa Meyer (not pictured because I forgot to take a picture of it! I knew I was missing something!...)

Cress is the only one of these three that I've read so far, and I really enjoyed it! It left me so excited for the next instalment, Winter, which is due to arrive in 2015...hopefully a review should be up soon! 

Did you receive any exciting books this month/week/[insert any appropriate period of time]? Have you read any of these books? Let me know your thoughts in the comments - I'd love to hear from you! :) 

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading Looking for Alaska at the moment. It's amazing. One of the best YA books of our generation.

    I've also seen great reviews for Anna and the French kiss. But I haven't heard of the other ones. I'll look them up. Thanks for the great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul.

    I've only read The Fault In Our Stars and Let It Snow by John Green. I'm really going to have to get round to reading Looking For Alaska at some point because everyone has said how good a book it is.

    Enjoy your reads.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya there! Thanks for dropping by The Book Parade!

***N.B. This is now an award-free zone. I'm honoured if you consider me, but people taking the time to read my posts and comment is the most valuable award I could receive. Thanks! :D